Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Communicate, Communicate!




 A slice of advice:

When my husband and I decided to get married years ago, we made a commitment to each other to always talk things out. I honestly have to say it has been one of the most important things that have kept our marriage all these years.

It used to take me weeks to get over an offense.  I would walk around the house and do what I needed to do and not say a word!  What a waste of time.  I finally understood what the Word of God says, “Do not let the sun go down on your wrath”.  You may not always agree, but you can agree to disagree.

It is so important to respect what the other person is saying even if you feel you are right.  It’s sometimes better to be quiet and listen.  It brings sweetness to your marriage and honor to your commitment for each other.  Being right isn’t always right!

No comments:

Post a Comment