Monday, May 23, 2011

Throw me flowers




Tirar me Flores – It’s a Spanish phrase I taught my husband which means: whisper sweet words to me.

My husband is a driver and has worked the night shift since the day we met.  I have always worked the day shift.  We are like two ships passing in the night.  When I go to bed, he is still at work and when I get up he is still sleeping.

When responsibilities differ, one may not fully understand what the other person has experienced that day or that week. I try never to call him at work, unless it is an absolute emergency.  I need him to drive safely and get home to us safely.  So 
I try to handle it the best I can. 

Speak soft words not harsh words: a soft answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up strife -Proverbs 15:1.   I can complain when he calls or I can ask how his day is going, I choose the latter. 

Remember to speak kind words at the right time, edify each other often. You see it’s easy to let our days get the best of us.  I have been the one home with the children Monday through Friday, and the burden of responsibility has been overwhelming at times.  Thank goodness they grow up!  

When I say to him, ‘throw me flowers honey’, I am reminding him to speak sweet words to me and I to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment